Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lucky Me, Part 2

Alex has really gotten in to this running thing in Cades Cove so we went back again this week, week 2. I really don't mind. How can you mind when you get to walk four miles with only views like this? (We walk while Ant and Al run.) While we are walking through the Cove we wonder what their lives were like. At one time there were as many as 800 people living there with its own school, churches, post office, lawyers, doctors, etc. Just like Walnut Grove on Little House on the Prairie.





I always think I was born several hundred years late, that I would have enjoyed this era. Then, I think of things like dishwashers, clothes washers, central heat and air, hot water, and most importantly our bathrooms (that are inside the house) and I think I'm probably better off just dreaming about it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment