Thursday, July 16, 2009

Barnyard Bedtime


Watching all the chickens get on their roost at night reminds of the time we went to the beach and had 17 kids in one house. "If you could settle yours down, I could settle mine down, too!" Each Momma chicken gathers all her babies and settles on a good spot to spend the night. I wonder if they call sleeping on her back, kinda like our kids call "shotgun."

Momma of turkey babies gets her family settled in first, they are still in the maternity ward and are alone without all the distractions. I think I woke them up when I took this picture. They look a little sleepy. They are so cute looking out from under their momma's wings.


They still love their momma and can't seem to get close enough. Or Under.

These are the old geezers waiting patiently for everyone to settle down.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment