Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cades Cove - week 3


This is our third week of going to Cades Cove for Ant and Al to run the four mile loop. Course it's no burden to me to go enjoy the scenerey as I WALK those same four miles. Who knew, though, that the park is closed to cars until 10 a.m. on Wednesdays and Saturdays only? I don't think they got much out of this run because of the car dodging they had to do.




This is their usual order when they run. Alex in front and Anthony behind her. He doesn't mind at all. I think he is drafting. If Alex were drawing her last breath, she would be in front when they run. If you cut her legs off, she would still manage to be in front. That is just how she rolls. She doesn't like to tie. Or lose.

Every week we have seen lots of turkey and some deer. These two bucks were really close to the road "'cause they ain't scared of us". They know the words National Park. That is the first words they teach their babies. I am sure of it.

We usually take our shoes off for this creek but the water was low enough to rock hop this week.


I keep taking my camera with me on these walks in hopes of seeing bears. I think if I left my camera in the car, we might actually see some.Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment