Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Girl's Night Out

Last night we had a girl's night out. We definitely don't do this often enough cause we had so much fun! Amy was the only one that couldn't make it so we will have to plan a little further ahead the next time. We went to dinner at P.F. Chang's - YUMMY!!. We shared spring rolls, lettuce wraps, sweet and sour chicken, and vegetarian eggplant stir fry. If you've never been there you should definitely try it. Alex wasn't planning to eat anything but the lettuce wraps and I guess she didn't - not anything else off of her plate anyway. She ate plenty off of MY plate though... Aside from the very disturbing man with the very offensive t-shirt that was sitting near us we had a great time. (I can't even repeat what his shirt said)...

Alex had to stand with her hands over her belly because she spilled a little bit of food on her shirt...
After dinner we stopped at Wendy's to get Alex a Frosty. Have you ever gone to the drive-thru and forgotten to order? While Alex was still deciding what to get I told the attendant to "wait a moment please", then we drove on to the window. I realized that I hadn't ordered when we were getting really close to the window and couldn't remember the total. I couldn't remember the total because I hadn't ordered. So she hadn't told me a total. The attendant didn't even crack a smile when I told her my mistake. This must happen a lot. First time for me, though.
After dinner we went to see "My Sister's Keeper."

I have read "My Sister's Keeper" and was excited to see the movie. I had read a spoiler about how the movie had been changed but this was ridiculous. They changed the whole feel of the story. It seems that more liberties were taken with this book to movie production than I have noticed in any others. I was truly disappointed. I guess the movie would have been six hours long had they done the true book but it looks like you could AT LEAST keep the conclusion true to the book!

It was a fun night, and since I am the only one who had read the book, I was the only one disappointed in the movie. Alex left and said that was the worst movie that she had ever seen. Really, Alex? I thought Gone With the Wind was the worst movie you had ever seen?

Hopefully we can get a few more nights out with the girls before Holly goes away to college. :,(

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment