Monday, June 29, 2009

Servant's Heart

For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:45

My niece, Holly, has recently been called to the mission field. She is 17 and already knows what God wants her to do with her life. I have heard preachers talk about a servant's heart and I have had this on my mind a lot recently. Are you born with a servant's heart or through prayer, study, and compassion do you develop one? I believe a servant's heart is a mark of spiritual maturity gained through a close and personal relationship with God. A servant is one who seeks to meet the real needs of others through a very Christ-like love. That being said, I think if you were to google it, wikipedia it, or webster it, this is the picture you would find...




I am very proud of you, Holly, you never cease to amaze me...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment