Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Snakebusters!!

Ya know that bark your dog has and you know it is not the garbage man, the meter reader, or your mom dropping by? And she keeps on, and on, and on until you come to see what she sees? And you reward her for her persistence in letting you know something is amiss? That is what our dog did today around lunchtime. This is what she had found... On the steps to our deck. EWWWWwwwwww...... Then she got all brave when I showed up, all like, "You better hold me back..." Then she danced around behind me looking out from behind my legs. Then she got really relieved when I told her to "Sit" and "Stay" cause she didn't want none of that to begin with.


Since Tony was at work and my brother was off today, I called my brother. I was hoping he was close enough to come right on over. He wasn't as close as I would have liked and he asked a few questions like,

Q: What kind is it?

A: How would I know?

Q: What does it look like?

A: A pair of boots.

Q: What kind of boots?

A: Black boots.

Q: Then it's a black snake and that's okay. It will just eat all the mice around your house.

A: I choose the mice, please come get the snake.

In the meantime, she/he (I think she) moved off the steps, rounded the corner, and was lying along the side of the garage.

I know you can't see her well but she stretches from edge to edge of this picture (and behind the dandelions).

I'm sure she was going into our garage. She was heading in that direction - and it is nice and cool in there. Then she probably would come on up to my office.

Alex was brave for a few minutes - teasing her with a kayak oar. Of course the dog would have helped but she is still obeying her "stay" command and keeping her distance.

Help finally arrived.

She was long. Probably about six feet. I tried to get Alex to lie down beside her - since she is taller than me - so we would have a reference for her length but she wouldn't.

My brother has loved snakes since he was a tiny little boy so this was really no chore for him.


Actually, the snake has hit the mother load. She was taken to a nice secluded area, probably with lots of food, a nice pond, and endless mountains. She'll be much happier.

Alex and I will, too.Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment