Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day 2 of Construction Weekend


By the time I got downstairs yesterday, the boys had already pulled out all of the carpet so I only got this picture of it rolled up on the porch. They work fast. Anthony has been pulling up all the tacks (and scratching his name in the wood floors they have not taken out yet). I'm really not sad that I missed the carpet's demise - I'm sure that was a pretty gross endeavor.
Ant is getting the last few wood strips up that the carpet was attached to, then he has to start on the staples that held the carpet padding down.


After all that was out of the living room, they were ready to carry all the wood in so that it could be getting "room temperature." Have I mentioned how handy it is to have a strong teenage boy? Oh, yeah, and a strong husband, too.
That looks like lots-o-wood. It's gonna be a long weekend. Or week. Or month. Our Christmas tree may be in the bathroom this year...
This morning, though, he has started putting the new floor down.
Should I start a pool on how soon this will be done?Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment