Monday, July 19, 2010

What Not To Do

In having children with a lot of different interests, I have had to learn a lot of different things. I have learned to catch a fastpitch softball that varies in speed on any given day between 50 and 55 mph from 40 feet away, I have learned how to shoot an M-1 Garand gun, I have learned the difference between skeet shooting, trap, and sporting clays. I have learned what is needed at a weekend long Civil War re-enactment, I have learned and relearned volleyball rules that seem like they are made up and change daily, and I have learned where to find the chicken livers at almost every grocery store in our general area.


And I have learned NOT to try to be the catcher when Alex is pitching to a friend.



This bruise is five days old and looks so much better than it did last week. The perfect size of the softball, right in the strike zone.Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I knew there was a reason I didn't play sports. I mean, aside from the fact that I suck. OUCH!

    ReplyDelete