Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My July So Far

We have had quite the busy July so far. Unfortunately, I have not taken pictures of hardly any of it! Why? Who knows! For some reason I can't remember to take my camera anywhere. When I do remember to take it, I forget to take pictures.

***********

Alex has had her last softball tournament with Team Synergy. It was a sad day for the girls but due to circumstances beyond our control, it became difficult, if not impossible to keep them together. Their last tournament was shaping up to be a good one with several good and competitive teams in it. We had played one game on Saturday morning - then it started raining. It didn't rain for a long time but it rained HARD! For about 30 minutes. Just enough to put the fields under water and keep us from playing the rest of the games. I think it ended up being a good thing for the girls, even though they felt a little cheated. Since we left in a rush, packing up to get out of the rain, and running for cover, the girls didn't have time to concentrate on the sadness of it. Even though they will not all play on the same team together again, they have made some great friends that will always be their friends. Any opportunity to make such special friends is always worth it. Now, on to the task of finding a new team for her for next year.

************

On the 4th of July, we went to see some beautiful fireworks in the mountains of smoke (Smoky Mountains). I did take my camera to the fireworks but I didn't take any pictures - for a very good reason. After we got there, a friend that Tony works with showed up. He and his wife brought their three year old and... their six week old. Someone had to hold the baby. And hold a quadruple folded bib over his sweet little ears. So, no pictures.


************

Last Tuesday (Wednesday 12 a.m. actually), a group of mine and Alex's friends had the crazy idea to go to see the Eclipse movie. We met at our house at 7 for pizza and salad and to watch Twilight and New Moon. We left my house at 11:20 P.M.! Of course, the books are much better than the movie (aren't they always), and I had trouble staying awake, but purely out of sleep deprivation - not boredom. I decided that I would rent it later and see what I had missed. I had great aspirations, though, about the pictures and blog post I was gonna do about that night! We had three moms and 5 teenage girls, a recipe for a loud, fun, giggle-filled night. It was a lot of fun and it was worth a little sleep deprivation.

************

Yesterday, Anthony and Alex left for Kentucky. They are going on a mission trip with their youth group. For a week! No kids at our house for an entire week. They are in the Appalachian area of Kentucky doing construction work on homes, holding day camps for the kids, and visiting with the elderly people at the area nursing homes. They will be delivering food baskets, providing listening ears, and offering friendship, all in an effort to show these people that they are loved. This is Anthony's third year on this particular mission trip and he loves this experience. He has replaced roofs, built handicap accesses, played with puppies, built porches, replaced commodes, reinforced flooring, painted, built bunk beds, and one year planted a whole garden, from preparing the ground to planting the seeds. I can't wait to see what this trip has in store for for him/them this year.
************
Now, I think I will go hang my camera around my neck so that I don't miss anything else this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment