Thursday, February 25, 2010

Blogging Hiatus

Last summer, on a very dark, dreary, and cursed day, I dropped one of my favorite possessions. My new camera that I had had less than a year. I had it connected, through the cord, to my computer downloading pictures. When the phone rang, and I reached to answer it, my chair roller got caught in that pesky cord and pulled my camera off my desk. My camera survived the fall but my lens, my favorite, most special, and beloved lens did not fare as well. It was very broken, something about aperture, blah, blah, blah, we don't make this lens anymore, blah, blah, blah, did you buy the insurance blah, blah, blah... Anyhoo, in December I sent my lens to be repaired, at no small fee, which took about 5 weeks. In the meantime, I borrowed a lens from a friend, which I appreciate immensely but was still very anxious to get mine back. While I was using her lens I noticed a black spot on all of my light background photos. I would take a great picture only to find a black spot on the side of their nose, or on their lip...Apparently there was some dust on something, blah, blah, blah, inside my camera, blah, blah, blah, did you buy the insurance, blah, blah, blah. So, after my lens was returned and completely repaired, I decided to send my camera to be cleaned to see if I could get rid of that black spot on my pictures. It takes four to six weeks to clean a camera. Who woulda thought? So, long story short, I have been cameraless for several weeks. They called today and it's ready to pick up, which I will do Saturday on a break from Alex's volleyball tournament, and I will be back in business! In the meantime, we have had a very special little girl turn 13, we have spent a weekend with our extended family in a cabin in Wear's Valley, and several other noteworthy events have taken place but have not been adequately documented. I have used Alex's point and shoot camera and my mom's point and shoot camera but they, unfortunately, are not very user friendly in trying to get them into my blog format. So, why am I telling you all of this? The moral of the story? What have I learned from this experience?

That camera insurance probably isn't a bad idea. In fact, it's probably a good idea.

And...if you have a possession that you really love, almost covet, God has a way of getting your attention - just to get your priorities back in order. Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment