Thursday, January 7, 2010

One More Christmas Post

THIS is the most important thing about Christmas. Luke 2.


I mentioned earlier that food was the most important thing about Christmas. Well, obviously it's not the MOST important thing, (although it does have a very special place in my heart.) Our family recognizes that the true meaning of Christmas is the birth of Jesus. We say Merry CHRISTmas, not Happy Holidays, and we think if reading the Bible at public CHRISTmas functions offends you then take down your CHRISTmas tree and return all of your CHRISTmas gifts. It is a CHRISTian holiday and you may actually be exposed to some CHRISTian beliefs. ---Okay, I will step down from my soapbox.
On Christmas Day, for our last family gathering, we go to my mom's to have lunch with my parents, my brother, and his family.
Amongst their assortment of gifts the boys got these manuals to study before getting their learner's permit. They were a little bit surprised by this one cause it really looked like they were getting coloring books. Maybe we can get these manuals in coloring book format - they may get more out of that!

Papaw got the girls a necklace.


And the boys got yet another gun. My mom says she has bought guns for Christmas FOREVER! I don't think the end is in sight either...



This is Holly's last Christmas as a high school student - a lot will change for her in the next year.




Instead of exchanging gifts, we play the dirty Santa game. The very first gift opened was the lump of coal that Anthony brought back from his mission trip to Kentucky. He had been planning this one for six months.



I think when you get older your arms must get shorter...


We had a great Christmas this year and hope all of you did as well.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment