Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lucky Me, Part 3

Look at the view from my front porch! Doesn't get any better than sitting in a rocking chair, reading a book, drinking coffee, and enjoying the view.

It is taking FOREVER for the leaves to change this year! It must be the monsoon rains we have had cause that is the only thing noticeably different this year to make the colors so late.
While Alex and I were driving home from her tournament this weekend I had to snap a few pictures. This is how we know we are getting close to home. The mountains. The purple ones in the back...that's the ones the song is about. I have no proof of that but I'm pretty sure of it. Can't get any more purple or majestic than that.


I went to Japan for a couple of weeks after I graduated from high school. That was the peak of my, "I am living in New York City when I graduate from college. I am not living around here." Blah, blah, blah. Once I spent a couple of weeks not being able to look out my window and see this I realized I WAS gonna stay here. I realized that it was quite necessary that I be able to see this every day. No matter where I am, I know which direction is home 'cause it's at the bottom of these mountains.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment