Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blast from the Past

(Picture from January of 1999)



This week, while cleaning out some cabinets, I ran across the journals I kept when the kids were younger. I thought it would be fun to remember/share these tidbits periodically. Unfortunately, I can't find all of them. I wrote in them sporadically at best, and if I had it to do over I would make myself sit down and write something every day - if only a sentence. I really, really wish I had.


This one is from January, 1999 (Ant almost 4, and Al almost 2).
"Alex has learned how to pull Anthony's chain. She takes things from him and runs to me crying like he's hurting her - and he usually gets in trouble. Now that we're figuring this out, hopefully he won't get bullied by his younger sister quite so much. We have spent so much time teaching him to be "easy with the baby" he just lets her take his toys and, if after a cursory attempt to get it back fails, he just moves on to something else. We have told him it's okay to NOT let her take his toys from him. And he's learning. Boy, is he learning."

So, at almost 4 years old is when we gave him permission to fight back - and they're still fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment